20 Oct Configure LANDESK Management Suite 2016.3 for iOS and macOS MDM Management
LANDESK announced their 2016.3 Management Suite release this week and with it comes a number of enhancements to mobility management, including a number of enhancements to the iOS/macOS platforms for MDM management. Included in the 2016.3 release is the ability to integrate with Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Apple’s Volume Purchase Program (VPP); including supporting multiple VPP tokens.
Luckily, LANDESK has the documentation already available for this configuration. For ease, I’m going to aggregate all of the needed information to get up and running with LANDESK MDM in one spot.
Architecture Requirement #1 – Cloud Service Appliance
The LANDESK Mobility Device Management does require a LANDESK Cloud Service Appliance. This can be either a physical appliance you host in your DMZ or a virtual appliance. If you do not have a CSA, contact your sales representative. They’re inexpensive and give you the ability to manage devices off your network.
- Configure the LANDESK Cloud Service Appliance as discussed in the how-to articles on the LANDESK community page
- Ensure your on build 179 or greater – to do this login to your CSA by browsing to https://csa.fqdn/gsb and hit the System Tab on the left hand side. Then select the Updates tab from the main page and hit Scan For Updates and apply the latest
- Purchase and apply a valid 3rd party SSL certificate for your CSA; see https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-32498
Architecture Requirement #2 – LANDESK Management Suite
- Install LANDESK Management Suite 2016.3 – https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-42261
- Import Apple’s APNS certificate to the Core Server – https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-39856
Optional Architecture Configurations
- Configure the Core server for DEP (optional) – https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-42090
- Configure the Core server for VPP (optional) – http://www.nine41.us/import-apples-vpp-token-into-landesk-management-suite/
- Configure a DNS TXT entry for easier enrollment (optional) – https://community.landesk.com/docs/DOC-39871